For the Feminist Financial Summit earlier this month, I put together a talk about Queer Money. Listen here:
In it, I listed ways LGBTQIA+ folks are resilient around money because of our experiences – cheeky, but true ways we go from struggle to sparkle.
Five Reasons Queer Folks* Are Good At Money (and what to do with them)
- We recognize there is more to life than money — a LOT more
- Spending and giving in community is a priority
- Make family and space in many creative ways
- Generally, we’re distrustful of institutions
- Lots of practice at having hard conversations makes us better at them
* Universalizing is always dangerous!