Next session: Weds January 17, 2024 – $150, RSVP here
Too many small business owners don’t have insight into exactly how they make money.
“It comes in, I spend it!”
“My clients have been the same forever, I don’t really think about it.”
“I have contracts and they seem to do me fine.”
“I just want to make my art and it’ll sell!”
These ^ approaches can be fine, until it’s time to make a change. When you want to
–> make more money
–> if you’re not happy with how you make money and want to change directions
–> if you want to be more intentional on the impact you make with your money
–> if you want to try a new thing [a product, a service, an offering] but aren’t sure how it’ll fit in
Then, it’s time to design your business – specifically, it’s time to understand and get intentional about your business model and revenue model
To do this:
- Analyze what you do in your business – what do you sell, to who? what does it take?
- Identify value from their perspective – why do they buy from you?
- Sketch out what a new offering might do, for customer and for you
- Rapidly test your offer in the context of time and money
- Decide how you’ll experiment with it!
If you want support doing taking these steps, then check out this workshop!
WORKSHOP: DESIGN A BETTER SMALL BUSINESS
In this small business workshop, you’ll examine revenue, clarify an idea, and refresh the things you do in your business, so it works better for you – and for your customers / clients!
You’ll learn by doing how to
– create meaningful experiments to refresh your business model using proven design tactics,
– revise and quickly test your new business model,
– how to connect these changes to things that matter to you and your customers/clients
– Leave with a plan to implement in weeks, not years
These are methods I teach frequently, in 1:1 coaching and in innovation workshops with startups and teams – get the best from design thinking and apply it to your work <3