Get into #hackingcapitalism with MONEY HACKS: 10 Life Hacks and Money Mindset Tricks to Transform Your Finances!
~~eBook coming* in Dec!~~
Navigating the social and economic systems that create the complex and often unfriendly world of finance, credit, and debt means finding your way around impediments. Hacking money, if you will.
This book + supporting course are focused on 10 hacks that will allow you to navigate systems in capitalism more easily. From evading shame and self-judgement, to getting out of debt and saving for your future self, there’s a new tactic for everyone to learn!
*Yes I know I’ve been saying this for a while – I’ll be real here: I accidentally wrote a 40,000 word book. THAT’S NOT AN eBOOK, THAT’S A PRINTED BOOK. So, I went back and pulled out a section to laser focus on: hacks, how to think about money, and how to deal with 10 crucial things that many people struggle with. Now I’m putting final touches on a 22,000-word book …. and preparing to bring out others on Progressive Donations and Couples’ Money Meetings. 🙂
What are money hacks?
Take the concept of workaround from hacking, and add progressive and anti-capitalist values and you’ll get motivation and instruction on how to move past freezing and fear into positive action around money.
Need tools and motivation to get your finances sorted?
I’ve got you with this 80-page eBook!
Real talk about money and class. Life hacks that are strategic, intersectional, and give banks less money, and our futures and each other more. Money mindset frameworks that are trauma-informed, self-care led, and radical in application.
*PDF eBook* // *Kindle eBook* // forthcoming so soon!
Money Hacks: 10 Money Mindset Tricks and Life Hacks to Transform Your Finances includes:
- The Top 3 Hacks: Mental Tactics
- Hacking Capitalism by Hacking Debt
- Credit Hacks: Grow your number power
- Saving and Growing your Stack
- Divest & Divert: Put Your Money Where It Helps Already
- Investing Because You Have A Future
- Small Businesses & self-employment hacks
- Sharing Money Hacks
- Self-Care Money Moves
- Hacks to Save Money (and when to spend it!)
- Finally, closing thoughts and inspiration because guess what? It’s not you — it’s capitalism, and the intersectional oppressions linked into it.
Money Hacks reading and courses available now:
- Divest > Invest Series learn practical things you can do to be resilient about how you use your money! [go here]
- Free mini-course & resource sheet on Divesting and Diverting money from Big Banks [start here]
- Debt Hacks online video class [find it here]
Why Money Hacks?
Navigating social and economic systems that create the complex and often unfriendly world of finance, credit, and debt often equals finding your way around impediments.
Given the toxic nature of these interactions, it can seem temporarily better to avoid dealing with personal finance — but as those of us who’ve avoided know, it catches up with you.
Dealing with the guilt of choices that don’t match our ethics (banking with Wells Fargo? Citibank?…) or fallout from personal economic hardship (behind on debt, bad credit) takes energy from our lives – energy which could be used MUCH better in movements, activism, creative pursuits, or just leisure.
You don’t have to like “the system” to navigate it well! As a matter of fact, those of us who are not “insiders” of systems are often great at navigating them — we’ve had to figure out how, which is an advantage.
Live Hacking Capitalism events include:
- Jan 2017 — The New School, Brooklyn Public Library, Action Item Fair,
- March 2017 — Divesting from Banks & The History of Banking, hosted by BANKERS, an ad-hoc group of activists looking to turn the ball and chain of consumerism, now being used to keep us down, into our best weapon against the oligarchy.
- April 2017 — Action Item Fair II
- May 11, 2017 — Hacking Capitalism: More ethical money management workshop
- Nov 2017, Hacking Capitalism @ The Spirit Room, Rochester NY
Feel free to contact me to do a talk at your school or community group!